Got the PR material below for general info. Pero listed below are a few reasons why Pinoy Elites and pilits (like me) would love the concept of this race:
1. Dream come true, thank you 7-Eleven!!! Top 3 Filipino male and female runners in the 21K category will be sponsored to join the Macau International Marathon on December 2012. Best race prize ever! It’s time for our top elite runners to shine in the international scene. It’s ON!
2. SHOW ME THE MONEY. Lately, races have been marketing events. Petiks lang sila. I hope that the cash prize offered by 7-Eleven will bring out the fast and the furious and make this a truly competitive road race.
3. NEW ROUTE. Have you ever been to Cavitex? I haven’t. I’d like to check out this new playground.
4. Revolutionary Registration. Trust the number 1 convenience store to offer the most convenient way of registering for the race.
5. 7-Eleven Gives Back. I ran for ek, clavoom, achoo-choo, etc. but never really know what happened to it. This time they are promising a total of Php800K worth of food and medical supplies to the top 3 cities we will vote for (limited to cities with 7-eleven branches).
July 6 – Aug 9, 2012 : Online Reg
To register, visit http://www.run711.com/. To complete registration, runners can pay reg fees at the 7-Eleven nearest them. Take note of the 7-Connect number and pay at any 7-Eleven store within 24 hours. They are open 24/7, convenient eh! Race Kits can be claimed on the date indicated on the receipt, and from the same store where payment has been made. And there is one near most of us. We even have one in the office.
August 10, 2012 : Last Day of Payment
August 26, 2012 : Race Day
ABOUT THE RACE. After Tour 700, the Philippines’ biggest bike race event held at the SCTEX last May 13, 2012, 7-Eleven now celebrates the opening of its 800th store with RUN 800 on August 26, 2012 along the CAVITEX, more known as the Coastal Road, with assembly at the Aseana City in Parañaque.
Runners joining the 10k,15k or 21k half-marathon will enjoy this course set along the coastal road – CAVITEX, wherein some of its lanes will be closed just for this race. Those joining in the 3k and 5k categories can look forward to an organized race course along Macapagal Ave. This is made possible with 7-Eleven’s system of allowing SELF-SELECTED WAVE STARTS, enabling them to run with people with the same skill or speed (or with friends!). To make this run more exciting, the top 3 per age category will receive medals. Top 3 Filipino males and females in the 21k will be sponsored to join the Macau International Marathon on December 2012.
SUPPORT YOUR CITY. Run 800: Takbo para sa Kalusugan will award feeding and medical assistance to the top 3 cities you voted for.