It is. At Php2500, it is one of the most expensive race. (Wait, if you compute pala by km, 5K category of Adidas KOTR at Php170 per km is still more expensive. CIHM is only Php119.05)
CIHM reg will cost as much as a pair of Mizunos on sale at Megamall (if you are lucky), 2 bottles of Hammer anti fatigue, 6 days wage (NCR minimum wage), dinner for 10 (set menu) at Max’s, 25 iced tall non-fat latte from Starbucks, 357 Lucky Me pancit canton from my favorite sari-sari store and a whooping 2500 pieces of chocnut. Makes you think twice before registering, ano? It is not only expensive. The race will have a very tough course.
TravelAgentGirl said that a day trip to Corregidor with buffet lunch is Php2149. Plus you get pa lotsa giveaways. I’m actually interested in the backpack. If it is like the bag that organiserEdward got from Maratona di Roma, then it will be uber nice.
If you think about it, you are just paying for a day trip to Corregidor and getting to race for a minimal fee. Well, you don’t have the luxury of seeing the island on the tramvia. Wait, you do have a chance to ride the tramvia. If you don’t meet the 10Km curfew of 1:45, tramvia will sweep you away, off to a sumptuous buffet clutching your 10K achievement medal while cursing the Island and vowing to take your revenge the following year.
Eniweis, come December 19, there will be a battle in Corregidor. Bards vs The Rock.
See registration details below.
Registration Venue and Period:
All weekends (Saturday and Sunday only) of October and November, subject to slot availability
RUNNR ( Boni High Street ) Saturday and Sunday, 2pm to 9pm
Second Wind (Maginhawa) Saturday only, 1pm to 6pm
Second Wind (Ortigas Home Depo) Saturday only, 1pm to 6pm
On-line registration facility (for participants residing abroad and outside Metro Manila) will be up on October 9, 2010
Registration fee: P2,500.00 – until October (early registration)/P3,000.00 – until November (late registration)
Race Registration inclusions:
Roundtrip ferry to and from Corregidor
Full lunch buffet on race day
Race bib w/ RFID timing chip
Race shirt (see attachment)
Race backpack (see attachment)
Finisher’s Medallion (or a 10k Achiever Medal) (see attachment)
Runners’ Briefing (Dec 4 and 11) at ROX
Carbo-loading Bonfire Party (Dec 18, Saturday night) (see attachment) Victory Party with two top performing bands (Dec 19, Sunday night) (see attachment) Personalized Finishers’ Certificate (complete with name and finish time)
Race Registration Procedures:
1) After completing registration for the race (manual or online), beginning the following Monday, contact Sun Cruises at 8346857/8346858 /5275555 loc 4511 0r 4512.
2) Indicate the desired trip schedule:
a) Overnight – departure on Dec 18 @ 8:30am (return trip to Manila is on Dec 19 via 2:30pm trip from Corregidor*)
b) Day trip – departure on Dec 19 @ 5:30am (return trip to Manila is Dec 19 via 5:30pm trip from Corregidor*)
c) Participants with non-competing companions (non-competing companions will have to pay Php2,000.00/person; no race pack will be provided to them) will have to take the Dec 18, 11:30am trip to Corregidor (return trip to Manila is on Dec 20, Monday, via 10:00am trip from Corregidor.
* for “a)” and “b)” indicate if attending the Solidarity & Victory Party on the night of December 19 to amend departure schedule to Monday, Dec 20 via 10:00am trip from Corregidor.
3) If applicable, make accommodations reservation with Sun Cruises (only registered participants will be given reservations). Pay the appropriate accommodations booking amount through the payment mode advised by Sun Cruises.
4) On Dec 4 or 11 (as advised through email and text by the organizers) at ROX, attend the Runners’ Briefing, pick-up the race pack, and claim the Boarding Pass and/or Accommodations Booking ticket from Sun Cruises. Ensure to bring the Acknowledgement Receipt issued during registration. No Acknowledgement Receipt, No Race Pack.
Race Registration Requirements:
1) Properly filled out registration form (may be downloaded by Friday / available at the registration site)
2) Any valid ID (driver’s licence, SSS ID, voter’s ID, postal ID, passport, etc.) indicating date of birth
3) Proof of participation in a 10k race (during the last 2 months prior to registration) or 21k race (during the last 3 months prior to registration), or a full marathon (during the last 6 months prior to registration) or a doctor’s certification of fitness to participate in an athletic event. For proof of race participation, a printout of the particular race result is preferable. In lieu of that, race bib will be accepted but will be subject to verification through the race results available on-line.
4) Applicable registration fee.